Cheap flights from Auckland to Rarotonga
Flight information Auckland International to Rarotonga
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 3016 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Air New Zealand
Which airlines fly from Auckland to Rarotonga?
- Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Singapore Airlines, and Air New Zealand run nonstop flights from Auckland to Rarotonga. Numerous flights along this route depart daily.
- Cook Island flights don’t have to be expensive, and aside from showing you the cheapest flights available as you search, Skyscanner New Zealand have a cheap flights guide that shows you how to save even more money when you’re searching for deals.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Auckland to Rarotonga?
Auckland Airport is New Zealand’s most prominent international flights hub, and offers easy connections to the Cook Islands. Flights to Rarotonga leave daily from Auckland Airport. This airport has 2 terminals.
- International Terminal – flights to Rarotonga from Auckland always depart from the International Terminal.
Departing from Auckland’s International Terminal will mean you have access to duty-free shops, currency exchange, ATMs, restaurants, bars, executive lounges, and free WiFi. If you’re connecting from the Domestic Terminal there is a free shuttle service you can use.
The recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight from Auckland to the Cook Islands is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I fly from Auckland to Rarotonga?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What is Rarotonga Airport like?
Rarotonga International Airport is the main gateway airport for the Cook Islands, and it is situated on Rarotonga Island. This airport is a single terminal facility.
- Main terminal – all flights from Auckland to Rarotonga are directed to this terminal.
Upon arrival, you will be able to access duty-free products, an ATM, several cafés, a Koru Lounge, and free WiFi.
What is the weather like on Rarotonga?
- Rarotonga has a tropical climate, so generally the weather doesn’t get hotter than 30°C or cooler than 18° The best time to visit is usually between April and November when the weather is dry and mild.
Is there a time difference between Auckland and Rarotonga?
- Rarotonga is 22 hours behind Auckland during Standard Time (ST) and 23 hours behind Auckland during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Rarotonga cheaper than Auckland?
Yes, Rarotonga is cheaper than Auckland, from dining, to activities, to accommodation costs. In fact, the Cook Islands frequently crop up as not only a cheap destination to fly to, but also a favoured beach destination for sun worshippers. So what are you waiting for?
What about return flights from Rarotonga to Auckland?
Assuming you are thinking of leaving paradise, there are a couple of options to look for return flights. Either press Return and review return rates when you book your outgoing flights, or read up on the route by going to our Rarotonga to Auckland flights page.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of November 2018
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.