Get cheap flights now
Flight information Auckland to Melbourne
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2648 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Air New Zealand
Melbourne Tullamarine, Melbourne Avalon and Melbourne Essendon
What information do I need to know before arriving in Melbourne?
Though Melbourne has 3 airports, the only one that welcomes direct routes from Darwin is the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. This is the largest airport in the city, with 4 modern terminals.
- Terminal 1 – Qantas flights arrive in this terminal.
- Terminal 3 – Virgin Australia flights arrive in this terminal.
- Terminal 4 – Jetstar flights depart arrive in this terminal.
All of the domestic terminals offer access to cash machines, coffee kiosks, restaurants, shops, information desks, free WiFi, and a pet hotel. The terminals can be accessed on foot.
What is the weather like in Melbourne?
- The city of Melbourne averages 30°C in the summer, and 6-14°C in the winter.
Is there a time difference between Darwin and Melbourne?
- Melbourne is 30 minutes ahead of Darwin during Standard Time (ST), and 1.5 hours ahead of Darwin during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is the Melbourne cheaper than Darwin?
Melbourne is cheaper than Darwin, but only by 5-15%. Your dining and drinking expenses will be the lowest in comparison, and you can hop around the city’s best bars, by reading our guide on the 10 best bars in Melbourne.
Good to know in Melbourne
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.