Cheap flights from Auckland to Sydney
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Sydney...
- Thu 12 MarAKLSYDJetstarIndirectOne way from $107
- Tue 24 MarAKLSYDJetstarIndirectOne way from $107
- Tue 10 MarAKLSYDJetstarIndirectOne way from $108
Direct flights to Sydney
Want to fly non-stop to Sydney? We’ll help you find your ideal route.
- AVERAGE FLIGHT TIME3h 41min
- CHEAPEST DIRECT RETURN$280
- AVERAGE FLIGHTS PER WEEK1107
Flight information Auckland to Sydney
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2161 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Air New Zealand
Frequently asked questions
Which airlines fly from Auckland to Sydney?
- Numerous airlines fly nonstop flights to Sydney from Auckland, such as Qantas, LATAM, Jetstar, Air New Zealand, Virgin Australia, Air Tahiti Nui, and Emirates.
- Brush up on our tips for finding the best flight deals so you are prepared when it comes time to reserve your trip.
What information do I need to know before arriving in Auckland?
Auckland International Airport is the main airport for all of New Zealand, and it is the sole hub for Auckland city. There are 2 terminals at this airport, with one serving domestic flights, and the other serving international ones.
- International Terminal – flights to Sydney will depart from here.
The Auckland international terminal has duty-free outlets, free wireless internet, cash machines, currency exchange, information services, and executive lounges. A complimentary shuttle service operates transfers between the terminals.
Recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight is 2-3 hours.
What do I need before I depart from Auckland?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
What information do I need to know before arriving at Sydney Airport?
Sydney Airport is the busiest airport in Australia, the busiest airport in the country, with 3 modern and well-equipped terminals.
- Terminal 1 – serves as the International Terminal.
T1 provides travellers with access to free WiFi, public telephones, ATMs, bureau de change, restaurants, bars, and duty-free shops. There are also information desks. Transfers to the domestic terminals can be done via the AirTrain or the T-Bus, these services charge $6, unless you are flying with Virgin Australia or Qantas.
What is the weather like in Sydney?
- Sydney is warmer than Auckland, with average temperatures of 20-27°C in the summer, and 8-10°C days in the winter.
Is there a time difference between Auckland and Sydney?
- Sydney is 2 hours behind Auckland.
Is Sydney cheaper than Auckland?
No, Sydney is more expensive than Darwin, but there are ways to save money in this city, especially if you tour it like a local. Read Skyscanner’s guide on how to do just that, here.
Things to see in Sydney
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of Jan 2019
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.