Cheap flights from Christchurch to London
Flight information Christchurch to London
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 18977 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, London Luton and others
Frequently asked questions
Which airlines fly from Christchurch to London?
- Air New Zealand, Qantas, China Southern, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Etihad, and Emirates operate connecting flights from Christchurch to London.
- Typical layovers are Hong Kong (HKG), Guangzhou (CAN), Singapore (SIN), and Sydney (SYD).
- Stay on top of changing flight prices by setting up a price alert for flights to London from Christchurch with Skyscanner New Zealand.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Christchurch to London?
Christchurch Airport is a major New Zealand airport, and the largest located in the South Island. There are lots of options for booking connecting flights to London here too. This airport has 1 terminal, and this is sectioned into domestic and international sides.
- Main terminal – connecting flights to London will depart from this terminal.
Before you depart you will be able to access currency exchange services, premier lounges, restaurants, bars, payphones, duty-free shops, and free WiFi.
Arrive at Christchurch Airport at least 2-3 hours before your connecting flight to London is due to depart.
What do I need before I fly from Christchurch to London?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
- Currently, New Zealand citizens can enter the UK for up to 6 months without a visa, but for trips longer than this, you will need to apply to the British Embassy for a visa.
What are the London Airports like?
London has 5 airports in total, but generally you will be directed to London Gatwick Airport or London Heathrow on flights from New Zealand.
- London Heathrow Airport – Singapore Airlines flights to London are usually directed to Terminal 2, British Airways flights to London are usually directed to Terminal 5. All other airlines are generally directed to Terminal 3.
- London Gatwick Airport – Cathay Pacific flights to London arrive in the South Terminal, Emirates flights to London arrive in the North
Both Heathrow and Gatwick provide free WiFi, currency exchange, information services, duty-free shops, restaurants, bars, ATMs, payphones, and mobility assistance. There are free shuttle services at both airports that run inter-terminal transfers.
What is the weather like in London?
- London has pleasant summers (June-August) that range between 20-23°C, whilst the shoulder seasons of 6-18°C, and winters around 4°C.
Is there a time difference between Christchurch and London?
- London is 12 hours behind Christchurch during Standard Time (ST) and 13 hours behind Christchurch during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Christchurch cheaper than London?
London is definitely more expensive than Christchurch, but it’s still well within your reach to stick to a budget, look for cheap hotels in London with Skyscanner. Then read about the things you can do in and around London.
What about return flights from London to Christchurch?
You can sort out return flights by clicking on the Return button when you look for outbound flights, or you can go to our London to Christchurch page.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of January 2019
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.