Cheap flights from London to Edinburgh
Flight information London to Edinburgh
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 534 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Which airlines fly from London to Edinburgh?
- British Airways, easyJet, Flybe, and Ryanair operate direct flights from London to Edinburgh, with multiple flights departing every day.
- Try our calendar tool – this search feature looks at fares across weeks and months, so you can cherry pick the cheapest time to fly.
How easy is it to depart on flights from London to Edinburgh?
The city of London is serviced by 5 airports and all of them operate nonstop flights from London to Edinburgh.
- London Heathrow Airport – British Airways flights to Edinburgh depart from Terminal 5, whilst Flybe flights to Edinburgh depart from Terminal 2.
- London Gatwick Airport – easyJet flights to Edinburgh depart from the North British Airways flights depart from the South Terminal.
- London City Airport – London City Airport has 1 terminal. British Airways and Flybe flights to Edinburgh depart from the main terminal.
- Stansted Airport – Stansted Airport has 1 terminal. Ryanair and easyJet flights to Edinburgh depart from the main terminal.
- Luton Airport – Luton Airport has 1 terminal. All easyJet flights to Edinburgh depart from the main terminal.
You’ll find that all of these airport have well-rounded amenities, with ATMs, bureau de change services, restaurants and bars, premium lounges, information desks, duty-free shopping, and free WiFi. Inter-terminal transfers at London Gatwick or London Heathrow are via free shuttle and train services.
The recommended arrival time for checking in for an international flight from London to Edinburgh is 1 hour.
What do I need before I fly from London to Edinburgh?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
- Currently, New Zealand citizens can enter the UK for up to 6 months without a visa, but for trips longer than this, you will need to apply to the British Embassy for a visa.
What is Edinburgh Airport like?
Edinburgh Airport is a major gateway hub for Scotland, and there are multiple nonstop flights from London to Edinburgh every day. This airport has 1 terminal.
- Main Terminal – all flights to Edinburgh from London fly into the main terminal.
You’ll find amenities like bars, restaurants, sushi bars, duty-free shopping, premier lounges, currency exchange services, and free WiFi at Edinburgh Airport.
What is the weather like in Edinburgh?
- Edinburgh has mild weather, with summers (June-August) hitting average highs of 19-20°C. Winters can be icy, with averages between 1-7°C.
Is there a time difference between London and Edinburgh?
- There is no time difference between London and Edinburgh
Is Edinburgh cheaper than London?
Surprisingly, Edinburgh is a lot cheaper than London, from affordable dining spots, to cheap accommodation in Edinburgh this is a great holiday destination. Read all about why, with our must-see destination blog.
What about return flights from Edinburgh to London?
Use the Return feature to see return fares, or go to our Edinburgh to London flights page.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of January 2019
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.