Flights from Queenstown to Auckland
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Auckland...
- Fri 20 SepZQNAKLAir New ZealandDirectOne way from $84
- Mon 16 SepZQNAKLAir New ZealandDirectOne way from $93
- Thu 19 SepZQNAKLAir New ZealandDirectOne way from $93
Flight information Queenstown to Auckland
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1033 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Air New Zealand
Frequently asked questions
Airlines offering Auckland flights from Queenstown
There are several options to fly from Queenstown to Auckland every day, with Air New Zealand and Jetstar both offering multiple flights. It's also possible to buy this route through Qantas, but the majority of those flights are operated by Jetstar. Direct flights – which take 1 hour 45 minutes at their quickest – are the most convenient option and often these have the cheapest airfares as well.
Queenstown airport departures information - ensuring your take-off is as smooth as possible
Passengers flying out of Queenstown airport will find that a single terminal services all flights, making it easy to find your way to your required gate.
The cheapest way to get to the airport is with the Connectabus service, which costs $12 for a one-way ticket ($5.50 for a child). Details of where to catch the service can be found online. Shuttle buses, taxis and airport parking give other options for getting to the airport. If a friend or relative is dropping you off, free parking is provided for 20 minutes in the first five rows of the airport parking lot.
Read the Skyscanner guide for more details about the facilities and services at Queenstown airport.
Auckland airport arrivals - information to keep handy
Once your flight arrives into Auckland airport you have a number of options to get to the CBD or your hotel. Independent travellers may be interested in the various car hire options at the terminal, while buses depart from the front of the terminal and taxis are also available. Public buses cost $16 for a one-way ticket and taxi fares start at $75 for trips to central Auckland.
Cafes, cash machines and shops are present before you leave the terminal, and you can find out more about the facilities in Skyscanner's Auckland airport guide.
Other important information to note:
· Passport and identification requirements –For flights within New Zealand, citizens can show any valid photo ID when checking in or boarding the flight, such as your passport, driver's licence, Koru card or NZ Community Services Card.
· Arriving in time to check-in –For domestic flights it is normally required to check in at least one hour before your scheduled departure time, although this may vary depending on your airline.
· Time difference between Queenstown and Auckland –There is no time difference between cities in New Zealand.
· Weather differences between Auckland and Queenstown –Year round, Auckland is the warmer of the two cities with monthly average temperatures generally 5°C warmer than Queenstown. This difference in temperatures is most pronounced throughout the winter months.
· Difference in living costs between Queenstown and Auckland –Auckland tends to be a cheaper destination for travellers. A similar standard of meal often costs a few dollars less, but alcoholic drinks and barista-made coffees may be slightly more expensive.
Find your cheap flights from Queenstown to Auckland on Skyscanner today - use the search panel above to search for the cheapest airfare and specials.
Please note: all information is correct as of May, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.