Cheap flights from Wellington to London
Flight information Wellington to London
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 18828 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Air New Zealand
London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, London Luton and others
Frequently asked questions
Which airlines fly from Wellington to London?
- Air New Zealand, Etihad, Virgin Australia, American Airlines, Jetstar, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, and Emirates operate connecting flights from Wellington to London.
- Usually this route requires two layovers, typically in Auckland (AKL), Los Angeles (LAX), Sydney (SYD), and Hong Kong (HKG).
- Use price alerts to keep an eye on fares, so you can book the most affordable flights to London available.
How easy is it to depart on flights from Wellington to London?
Wellington Airport is the primary hub for Wellington city, with 1 main terminal. There are domestic and international flights available at this airport, and passengers can find connecting flights to London from here.
- Main terminal – all connecting flights to London fly from the main terminal.
The terminal has currency exchange services, VIP lounges, free WiFi, restaurants and bars, and helpful information desks.
If you’re flying via Auckland, arrive at Wellington Airport at least 1 hour before your flight is due to depart. If you are flying via an international layover, like Sydney (SYD), please arrive at Wellington Airport 2 hours before your flight is due to depart.
What do I need before I fly from Wellington to London?
- All international travel requires passengers to carry a valid passport.
- Currently, New Zealand citizens can enter the UK for up to 6 months without a visa, but for trips longer than this, you will need to apply to the British Embassy for a visa.
What are the London Airports like?
Whilst London has 5 airports altogether, you’ll find that in general flights from New Zealand are directed to London Heathrow or London Gatwick Airports.
- London Heathrow Airport – Singapore Airlines and Air New Zealand flights to London are usually directed to Terminal 2, all other airlines are typically directed to Terminal 3.
- London Gatwick Airport – Cathay Pacific flights to London from Wellington arrive in the South Terminal, Emirates flights to London arrive in the North
Gatwick and Heathrow have everything you’ll need when you arrive: bureau de change services, free WiFi, restaurants and bars, duty-free shops, information desks, payphones, and charging outlets. Free shuttle services connect the terminals at both airports.
What is the weather like in London?
- London has similar summer temperatures to Wellington sitting at around 20-23°C. You can expect the shoulder seasons to hover between 6-18°C, and the winter season (December-February) averages around 4°C.
Is there a time difference between Wellington and London?
- London is 12 hours behind Wellington during Standard Time (ST) and 13 hours behind Wellington during Daylight Savings Time (DST).
Is Wellington cheaper than London?
London more expensive than London across most costs (thought grocery shopping is surprisingly cheaper), but you can find lots of cheap hotels in London with help from Skyscanner’s search tools. As this is a long-haul flight, you can read our guide on how to get some shut-eye on the way over.
What about return flights from London to Wellington?
Click the Return button to view outbound flight fares, or you can go to our London to Wellington page.
Please note that the information provided above is accurate as of January 2019
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.