Flights from Wellington to London
Flight information Wellington to London
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 18828 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Air New Zealand
London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, London Luton and others
Airlines offering London flights from Wellington
No airlines have a non-stop flight from New Zealand to the UK, but if you want to fly from Wellington to London with just one stop along the way, there are plenty of options. Some of the cheaper flights in this manner are Air New Zealand, Etihad and Singapore Airlines, but Skyscanner's price alerts can keep you up to date with the best deals.
Wellington airport departures information - ensuring your take-off is a smooth as possible
Because of Wellington airport's close proximity to the city it's easy to get there by car or public transport. To simplify your trip, parking can be booked online while a one-way bus ticket with the Airport Flyer will set you back just $9.
The airport is contained within a single terminal where you can grab a bite to eat before your flight, exchange currency or say your last goodbyes using the complimentary Wi-Fi. Skyscanner's guide to Wellington airport has more information about services available.
London airport arrivals - information to keep handy
There are six airports servicing London, so depending on the airline you fly with you may find yourself arriving into London City, Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton, Southend or Stansted. London Heathrow is the largest of these airports and the most likely for long haul flights to arrive into, although Emirates flights are more likely to use Gatwick, but always check your airticket to be safe.
Currently there are five operational terminals at Heathrow, and each one has its own bus, train and Underground links to central London suburbs. For more information, check out the guide to Heathrow on Skyscanner.
Other important information to note:
· Passport and identification requirements –New Zealand passport holders are able to get a visa on arrival when landing in the United Kingdom.
· Arriving in time to check-in –Make sure you arrive at the airport at least three hours before your scheduled departure time.
· Time difference between London and Wellington – Generally, London is 11 hours behind Wellington during the New Zealand winter and 13 hours behind during summer. However, the two cities change their clocks on different weekends.
· Weather differences between Wellington and London –Because London is in the Northern Hemisphere, its summer and winter months are opposite to Wellington. In most years, London's winters are much colder than Wellington's, and its summers are comparable to the New Zealand capital's shoulder seasons.
· Difference in living costs between London and Wellington –Wellington citizens will quickly notice that a lot of their purchases in London are more expensive than at home, especially when they're eating out, going for drinks or taking a taxi.
Find your cheap flights to London from Wellington on Skyscanner today - use the search panel above to search for the cheapest airfare and specials.
Please note: all information is correct as of May, 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.